Dog Training Facility Assistant
Professional Dog Trainer
Full Time or Part Time Position Available
Spring Forth Dog Academy is a dog training studio located in the historic Jewelry District of Providence, RI. We are growing and are eager to add a new trainer to our team!
At this time, we are looking for a trainer to teach, at a minimum, during 2 of these time periods each week: Tuesday evenings, Friday evenings, Saturday afternoons, and/or Sundays. This person would need to teach at least one of our Flex Classes (with our curriculum). Other time slots could be used for private lessons, more classes taught with our curriculum, or the instructor’s own group training classes.
The person hired for this position would also have the following opportunities available if she/he was interested:
- Private training lessons at clients' homes or at our Academy (variable hours/days per week)
- Behavior consulting cases (variable hours/days per week)
At this time, we are referring out 2-5 inquiries each week to in-home trainers and behavior specialists. We are confident that we could keep a qualified trainer quite busy with work!
Candidates must have at least ONE of the following:
- KPA CTP certification
- CATCH CCDT certification
- CPDT-KA certification
- 2+ years experience teaching group training classes (employer & client references required)
The ideal candidate for this position would have...
- Certification from a well-recognized positive dog training program (KPA, Peaceable Paws, Jean Donaldson's Academy, etc.) and/or a CCPDT-issued certification
- 2+ years experience teaching group training classes
- 1+ year experience teaching private training lessons
- 1+ year experience working with behavior cases (aggression, separation anxiety, fear, etc.)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience closing sales of dog training programs
- A commitment to continuing education
- A strong desire to be part of a team committed to personal and professional excellence. We strive to be great dog trainers, great dog owners, and great people!
The business owner is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner, and all training that takes place at our business follows the KPA code of conduct. Candidates must be committed to following this code and operate under a LIMA (least invasive, minimally aversive) framework with clients and dogs at all times.
Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and could be salary, hourly, or hourly + commission.
Resumes & an introductory e-mail should be addressed to Katherine at email@example.com.
Spring Forth Dog Academy
14 Bassett St.
Providence, RI 02903